The Bonfiglioli vertical shear range – I.CUT – comprises the most powerful metal scrap vertical shears available in the market. They are the best choice available for processing all kinds of HMS such as beams, rails, pipe, re-rod, skeleton plate, tanks and other types of heavy/oversize material.
The Bonfiglioli vertical shear I.CUT 1500, 2000 and 3000 shears are made of high strength, high abrasion-resistant Weldox 700 and Hardox 500 special steel. They can be equipped with either a diesel engine, electric power or both according to customer preference.
They are mobile machines designed to cut all types of HMS1 and other types of scrap into marketable lengths. The machines are fully automatic. Thanks to the supporting hydraulic jib, they can take input material up to approximately 12-15m in length. This will greatly reduce oxy cutting and the shear ‘nibble’ cutting work required to size or prep material for other equipment.
The Bonfiglioli vertical shears are equipped with 4 lifting cylinders to move it easily on goose neck or low boy trailers. The shear blades have 4 cutting edges. Each cutting edge lasts an average of 250-300 working hours, depending on the type and quality of material that is processed.
The operator feeds the machine from the top of the charging hopper. The ‘walking table’ type ram mounted on the jib encourages the scrap to slide down towards the cutting area. Two side compression compacting rams and a vertical compression/blank holder serve to densify and position the material prior to it being cut vertically by the guillotine action of the shear blades powered by the main hydraulic cutting rams.
Cycles repeat automatically, approximately every 45-50 seconds in the I.CUT 1500 and 2000, and every 30 seconds in the I.CUT 3000.
The average productivity of the shears processing material under normal working conditions ranges from 12 to 32 metric tons/hour, depending on the input material type and quality, quantity, operator ability and longest pre-set length of cut.
Features and benefits
- The complete shear can be easily transported using its unique hydraulic leg lift system
- No foundation or civil works are required prior to the set-up
- Minimal footprint is required
- Four cutting lengths are available, which can be set or changed quickly and easily
- Adjustable cutting lengths (manually by pin).
- Increased density of processed sheared material is achieved by the side compression of material prior to shearing
- Fully automatic cycle
- 1 man operation – Load shear and load sheared processed material with the same machine. This offers the lowest running costs in the market in this category
- I.CUT 1500-2000-3000 are able to process most types of HMS including heavy metal scrap, bulky material, skeleton plate, and rebar. In addition light and mixed metal scrap can be handled with ease
- No need to downsize the material with alligator shears or torch thanks to its extended jib and hopper capacity.