Analyse catalytic converters! Manufacturers of the X-MET8000 metal analyser, Oxford Instruments has just announced that it can now be calibrated to analyse catalytic converters, giving you an accurate identification/valuation of just what you are buying from the outset.
The X-Met8000 is now be calibrated for the determination of palladium (Pd), platinum (Pt), and rhodium in spent automotive car catalysts. The “Car Catalyst” calibration is pre-loaded on the instrument so it is ready to use straight out of the box. This makes it absolutely ideal for the car dismantler or metal merchant dealing in scrap catalytic converters (and alsoA the perfect partner for one of our Catalytic Converter recycling systems).
The X-Met8000 has many advantages including:
- Accurate alloy identification – With over 1600 alloys included, the X-MET8000 XRF analyser includes the most comprehensive set of grade libraries (AISI DIN, JIS, and GB) pre-installed – and of course it can analyse catalytic converters
- Easy to handle: The model is extremely light, compact and has an optional shield to prevent detector and X-ray tube damage when testing small components and sharp objects.
- Powerful data management – Store up to 100,000 results including spectra and sample image (with optional camera), share using Wifi and print via Bluetooth
- Easy-to-use – Intuitive, icon-driven user interface requiring minimal operator training, coupled with a customisable results screen for fast decision making, Only displays information that is important to you
- Low cost of ownership – The analyser is rugged with an IP54 rating (equivalent to NEMA3) for superior protection against dust and water
- Minimises downtime – Quick-swap analysis window and optional shield with no tools required to change if broken or dirty
- Maximises productivity – Up and running in seconds, and with 10-12 hours of battery life
McIntyre is the sole supplier of the X-Met8000 to the UK scrap metals industry – so if you would like more information please call Phillip on 0115 9409630, or email firstname.lastname@example.org